By Team Muscletrail
03 November, 2022
A Brief Introduction to Whey Protein for Beginners
By Team Muscletrail
We are living in an era where fitness is becoming more of a trend, and people are looking at it as a trend to maintain instead of considering it as a wellness approach. Building muscles, maintaining a good weight, and attaining an athletic fitness level have become a necessity as every second person is aiming to carry a great physique.
As more and more people are jumping on the fitness bandwagon, we can see more and more brands of whey protein powder. Well, what’s that behind which gym enthusiasts and fitness freaks are going crazy? Whey protein is a significant contributor to people’s muscle building and reducing fat.
It goes without saying that the popularity of whey protein is surging drastically, and there is no sign of it slowing down. Though you might always find a bodybuilder boasting the benefits of consuming whey protein for your body, are you actually aware of what exactly a whey protein is? Where does it come from? And is it actually beneficial?
Well, without any further ado, let’s get started with our beginner’s guide to whey protein.
What is Whey Protein
Whey protein can be considered the highest quality protein source that is available in the market today. It is found naturally in milk and other products associated with milk. It won’t be wrong to say that whey protein is a complete protein as it is loaded with all the essential amino acids that are required by the human body and are comparatively easy to digest.
Whey is extracted from a simple process of preparing cheese with the utilization of milk. Whey and Casein are the two primary proteins that are formed in this procedure. It should be noted that 80% of milk protein extracted in the process is Casein protein, while the remaining 20% is whey protein.
Well, this was the basic procedure to obtain whey protein, but in order to formulate it as we get it in the form of powder, the extracted whey protein is required to undergo several other processing and filtration processes. Therefore, if you are a beginner and are unable to figure out which whey protein powder you should be laying your hands on, then you must order the Iron Series Whey Protein Powder from Muscle Trail.
Types of Whey Protein
There are majorly three types of whey protein found in the market, and they are:
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Concentrate is certainly one of the most popular and commonly available whey protein powders. It is the first ingredient that is used by most manufacturers in the formulation of their protein powders. The amount of protein in this type of protein can range from 25% to 89%. In addition to this, it should be noted that whey protein concentrate contains lactose, minerals, fat, and other moisture content. Check out the best Muscle Trail whey protein price and fuel your workout journey.
Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate is often abbreviated as WPI 90, and this is because it is the purest form of whey protein that contains almost 90-95% protein. This comes as an incredible source of protein for those who are lactose intolerant, as whey protein isolate contains little to no lactose content and is also very low in fat. So get your hands on the highest quality isolate whey protein from Muscle Trail.
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
The formation of a whey protein hydrolysate is carried out when large protein polypeptides found in whey protein break down into much shorter chains. This helps in the easier digestion of whey protein, and it is absorbed much faster in the intestine, reducing the chances of any potential allergic reactions. Out of all the bodybuilding supplements India, you will find whey protein hydrolysate to be the most expensive supplement.
Benefits of Consuming Whey Protein
Whey protein has emerged as a staple supplement for bodybuilders and athletes and is now regarded for offering positive effects on building immunity. What’s more, it is said that whey protein has anti-aging properties.
Numerous studies have been conducted surrounding whey protein that proves that whey protein carries immense potential to enhance immunity, reduce stress, lower cortisol, reduce blood pressure, and improve liver function, along with a lot of other benefits.
It should be noted that apart from being rich in BCAA content, whey protein is well-known for raising glutathione (GSH) levels in the human body. Well, we need not tell you how crucial GSH is for the human body as it is undoubtedly the most vital water-soluble antioxidant that is found in the human body.